HIGHBURY PRIMARY SCHOOL
Learning Together, achieving excellence
School Principal: BELINDA SMITH
Deputy Principal: Daniel Botten
Assistant Principal: Sara Wilcock
Highbury Primary is situated in the north-eastern foothills of Adelaide. The school has an enrolment of between approx. 440 children and offers a broad-based curriculum. The Australian Curriculum is the basis of all teaching programs.
Our Site Improvement Plan (SIP) reflects continued importance placed on improving student learning outcomes in Mathematics and Reading, Foundation to Year 6.
Specialist subjects include Music, Chinese (Mandarin), Science and PE (Physical Education – skills based). In 2019 we introduced Auslan as the language studied in upper year levels providing students the opportunity to experience two different languages during primary school. We are very proud of our well establised Disability Unit now comprising of two junior primary special classes and two junior primary disability unit classes.
We have an outstanding academic record and place a high emphasis on achieving personal best, offering students opportunities to enter the Oliphant Science awards along with the International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS) independent skills-based assessments with a competition element. We are a registered as an AuSSI-SA school (Australian Sustainable Schools Initiative- South Australia), the aim being to develop a culture of continuous improvement in sustainability practices.
Highbury participates in many SAPSASA sporting events including basketball, netball, football, soccer, athletics, swimming and more. We also have an outstanding Arts program including an Instrumental Music Service (IMS) specialist program, a junior and senior band as well as a junior and senior choir. Student led forums in the areas of Well-Being, Special Events, Early Years, ICT, the Environment and Student Voice provide students from Foundation to Year 6 the opportunity for a legitimate voice within their school community.
To express interest in enrolment at Highbury Primary School please contact Ms Belinda Smith, Principal at email@example.com
Acknowledgement of Country
We acknowledge the traditional owners throughout South Australia and we pay respect to the custodians of the land on which we live and learn. We respect their spiritual relationship with Country and acknowledge that their cultural and heritage beliefs are still as important to those living today.
We pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging and we acknowledge the cultural authority of Aboriginal people visiting from other areas of South Australia and Australia.
- I keep trying even when it gets difficult.
- I try different strategies to overcome a challenge.
- I have a go and learn from my mistakes.
- I follow through when I’ve made a commitment.
- I accept I can’t always get my own way.
- I’m willing to have a go even though I might get it wrong.
- I can move on when things are difficult.
- I learn by my mistakes.
- I use feedback to support my learning.
- I solve problems in many different ways.
- I show appropriate manners and use polite language.
- I care for myself, others, property and the environment.
- I value difference and consider others opinions.
- I demonstrate compassion and empathy to all.
- I treat others how I would like to be treated.
- I take responsibility for my own actions, learning and behaviour.
- I take care of my –belongings, classroom, school and environment.
- I am a positive role model.
- I help others when I can.